Friday, April 13, 2007

What Was Your Expectations This Second Millennium?

I remember movies that featured the new millennium as the year with flying cars and terminators but no technology really made that far this Year 2000. I also expected as a kid that the year 2000 will be like having moving sidewalks and being able to teleport in another place but ofcourse we also ain't got none of that. You think our technology is improving a little slow? I know we already have these ipods, mobile phones, subways and airplanes but is that enough for centuries of scientific studies and experiments? What was the kind of technology you expected for us to have this new millennium?


At some level I believe technology might still be making some progress,even if it's behind the screen.I recently learned about lightgloves.It's a virtual controller that helps us to type move our hand in the air and transfers it to the computer.It looks like a glove and the last time I checked,they are out of stock and still trying to cope with the orders.I also read that a company will introduce their first flying car in 2012.So,seemingly we are still making some progress technologically:-)

No comments: